Training Support Unit for Aboriginal Maternal and Infant Health Service (AMIHS) and Building Strong Foundations (BSF) Program Staff (TSU)
The Training Support Unit (TSU) provides education and training to staff working in Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Services (AMIHS), Building Strong Foundations for Aboriginal Children, Families and Communities (BSF) and staff working collaboratively with these programs.
- One Strengthening Foundations workshop
- Four eLearning Modules
- Enables the development of supportive, responsive and professional networks
- Promote the AMIHS and BSF programs and the importance of equitable working relationships between clinical specialists and Aboriginal Health Workers
- Encourages the importance of supervision and reflective practice
- Facilitates and delivers education and support that caters to different learning and communication styles including face-to-face and one-on-one sessions, group workshops, online learning and teleconferences.
The TSU is funded specifically to provide education and training for AMIHS and BSF programs. Consideration will be given for additional staff, who are co-located with AMIHS and BSF teams, to attend events conducted on a case by case basis.