Sharps Injury for Non-clinical Staff
Welcome to the eLearning module Sharps Injury for Non-clinical Staff.
This module is an introduction to sharps safety to prevent and minimise sharps injuries for all NSW Health staff working in clinical areas. This module is for non-clinical staff. Clinical staff should complete the module "Introduction to Sharps Safety (Clinical staff).
A certificate is issued on completion.
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify the risks associated with sharps in a healthcare setting;
- Correctly use safe practices when handling and disposing of sharps in accordance with Ministry of Health and local policies and procedures;
- Describe correct first aid procedures when a sharps injury is sustained;
- Manage sharps injuries/ exposures in accordance with Ministry of Health and local policies and procedures;
- Report and document any sharps injuries that occur.
This course is applicable for all NSW Health Staff and may qualify for up to 0.3 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.