Child Wellbeing and Child Protection (Part 2)
Welcome to the eLearning module Child Wellbeing and Child Protection - Part 2.
This module will help you meet your obligations to identify, consult and respond appropriately to child wellbeing and child protection concerns.
This module contains information that may be emotionally confronting for some people. If you find it raises any concerns please speak to your manager or contact Employee Assistance program or Lifeline.
See references for contact details.
A certificate is issued on completion.
After completing this module, learners will be able to:
- recognise why health workers must be alert to child protection and wellbeing concerns
- recognise factors that may combine to increase family vulnerability and increase safety and wellbeing risks for children and young people
- identify child protection or wellbeing concerns taking into account family vulnerabilities or indicators of neglect or abuse
- take steps to consult and collaborate to assess the level of risk to a child or young person
- respond and continue to work with the vulnerabilities, risks and needs of a family, child or young person.
This course is designed for all NSW Health Staff and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.