Leadership Quarters is a forum for NSW Health leaders to discuss and debate emerging trends in leadership practice. The format is an interactive conversation with participants and International or Australian speakers who are experts in the field of leadership development.
Recognised experts, thought leaders and researchers are sourced to present and provoke dialogue on focused health-related topics. The events are designed and shaped to the NSW Health context and to meet a health leadership strategic intent.
Invitations are distributed to NSW Health Chief Executives to nominate staff for the various events:
- Executives, senior clinicians, senior non-clinicians and senior managers
- Those with a role in shaping service delivery through their ability to influence the way in which leadership is practiced within the organisation
- Identified current and emerging leaders in the organisation
- Clinical and non-clinical leaders or emerging leaders that the executive would like to develop by exposing them to new ways of thinking or encourage to actively engage in creating new ways of working.
Each event is designed to address a current issue or topic significant to leadership in the health care context. Past topics have included the impact of social media, digital disruption, the lived experience, mindful compassionate leadership, and leading across genders, generations, and cultures. Presenters are sourced from leaders and subject matter experts in NSW Health, academia, the corporate sector, and consultancy, aiming to highlight relevant research and best practices and generate debate. HETI co-designs the events with NSW Health organisations.
Friday 21 June 2019
8:30am – 4:30pm
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
Trust: Essential in leadership and critical to sustaining excellence in patient care.
Senior Leaders are key players in establishing and maintaining trust, both internally and externally across NSW Health. Join us as we explore the complexities of trust from different perspectives and discuss how we can continue cultivating trust in our leadership practice.
- Professor Carla Treloar
Director of the Centre of Social Research in Health and the Social Research Centre, University of NSW
- Mr. Stuart Taylor
Chief Executive Officer, Springfox
- Dr. Nigel Lyons
Deputy Secretary Strategy and Resources, NSW Ministry of Health
Participants are invited to attend two of the following breakout sessions:
- Building and Sustaining Trust with Teams
Sarah Fischer, Lead Organisational Psychologist, Clinical Excellence Commission
- The Embodiment of Trust – Harnessing Voice to Build Presence and Trust
Tanja Binggeli, Voice and Opera Coach
- The Patient Journey, Establishing Trust in Delivering Healthcare
Dr Coralie Wales, Manager Community and Consumer Partnerships, Western Sydney Local Health District
- Round Table Discussion on Sustaining Trust in Healthcare Context
NSW Health Executive and Senior Leaders are invited to register. Please email your details (name, Stafflink number, position and email address, along with any dietary requirements) as well as two choices for the workshops to HETI-Leadership@health.nsw.gov.au
Places are limited.
Registrations close Friday 7 June 2019.
Senior Program Manager, Leadership, Management Development & Educational Design Portfolio, HETI