Promoting inclusive healthcare: LGBT
Welcome to the eLearning module Promoting inclusive healthcare: LGBT.
This learning resource comprises a suite of four videos that addresses improving healthcare outcomes for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people by enhancing their experiences when engaging with the NSW public healthcare system.
A certificate is issued on completion.
- For lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) clients describe how to ensure a respectful and safe healthcare experience.
- Reflect on the alignment of your own attitudes and behaviours towards LGBT clients and the NSW Health CORE values.
- Reflect on your work team's behaviours with LGBT clients, and how well they meet organisational expectations.
- Describe how the historical experiences of LGBT people impacts on the willingness of these communities to access healthcare.
- For LGBT clients describe how misgendering, language choices and judgemental behaviours impacts on healthcare outcomes.
This module is designed for all NSW Health Staff and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.