Radiology pathology – Anaemia
Welcome to Radiology pathology - Anaemia
This online module designed for Radiology trainees provides an overview of anaemia and related pathology. It focuses on the correlation between clinical features, pathological changes and investigative abnormalities.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- outline a basic classification of the causes of anaemia
- discuss the role of iron deficiency in the pathogenesis of microcytic hypochromic anaemia
- discuss other aspects of the relationship between nutrition and anaemia
- explain the key features of thalassaemia and sickle cell anaemia
- outline the major causes of haemolytic anaemia
- outline an appropriate sequence of investigations for a patient presenting with anaemia.
This module is designed for Radiology trainees and may qualify for up to 1.0 hrs of Continuous Professional Development