Healthy Weight Gain in Pregnancy
Welcome to the eLearning module Healthy Weight Gain in Pregnancy.
The aim of this module is to raise awareness of the importance of healthy weight gain in pregnancy and develop confidence to converse with the pregnant woman to develop individual goals and strategies to achieve a healthy weight gain in pregnancy.
A certificate is issued on completion.
After completion of this module you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of healthy weight gain during pregnancy with women and colleagues.
- Correctly identify recommendations for weight gain during pregnancy based on pre-pregnancy BMI
- Implement strategies to have ‘enabling’ conversations about weight gain during pregnancy
- Explain the health impacts on mother and baby of inadequate or excessive weight gain during pregnancy
- Work with the pregnant woman to develop individual goals and strategies to achieve a healthy weight gain during pregnancy
- Identify resources and initiate appropriate referrals.
This module is designed for midwives, obstetricians, general practitioners, junior medical officers and health professionals who are involved in the care of pregnant woman. This may qualify for up to 0.4 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.