The Health Education and Training Institute (HETI) is a leading provider of high quality training and education to support more than 110,000 clinical and non-clinical staff, trainers, managers and leaders across the NSW health system.
Working closely with Local Health Districts and Specialty Health Networks, health professionals and other public health organisations across NSW, ensures that our programs are relevant and responsive to the needs of health professionals and patients.
We combine evidence-based research and evaluation with educational design expertise to develop contemporary, responsive education and training that has person-centred care and interprofessional practice at its heart.
Our work is diverse and includes:
- eLearning modules delivered through My Health Learning on topics such as Violence Prevention, Refugee Health to Clinical Care of People who maybe be suicidal.
- Workshops on managing health resources and people management to intensive programs designed to develop NSW Health’s future leaders.
- Scholarships, grants in areas of need and to enable participation in educational opportunities.
- Managing Junior Medical Officer internships on behalf of the State as well as clinical placements through Clinconnect.
- State-wide programs that support medical professionals in rural and remote NSW.
- Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma and Masters level courses in Mental Health.
The contemporary, innovative and meaningful health education and training that we develop and deliver helps to support a world-class workforce delivering improved health outcomes for patients.
Supporting NSW Health 2018 highlights
- 992 medical interns placed for 2018
- 222 new students in HETI’s first year Higher Education
- 45% growth in completed My Health Learning modules