Falls Prevention and Falls Risk Management Strategies for Clinical staff
Welcome to the eLearning module Falls Prevention and Falls Risk Management Strategies for Clinical Staff.
This is one of the three eLearning modules supporting the learning on falls prevention and management for clinical staff in acute and subacute settings. Falls prevention best practice not only minimises the risk of falls occurring, but can reduce the risk of injury should a fall occur.
A certificate is issued on completion.
Upon completion of this module you will:
- Define and discuss falls and the significance of falls.
- Recognise the falls risk screen as a risk management identification process.
- Identify and discuss falls risk factors, both patient centred and environment centred.
- Recognise the falls risk assessment and management plan as a tool to implement individualised falls prevention strategies.
- Demonstrate the implementation of intervention strategies in response to identified risks.
- Recognise that Local Health District (LHD) falls (hospital/acute and subacute) policies/procedures forms the framework for safe and accountable falls prevention and management.
This course is applicable for all NSW Health Clinical Staff and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.