Welcome to the eLearning module Perineal Repair.
This module provides an interactive learning experience on the best practice principles for perineal repair.
This module is targeted at midwives, residents and registrars undertaking perineal repair. It is recommended that this module be completed prior to perineal repair face-to-face practical sessions.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion, you will be able to:
- identify the importance of woman-centred care during perineal repair
- identify the anatomy of the female pelvic floor
- understand perineal assessment and classification of perineal tears
- recognise the equipment required for perineal repair
- describe best practice postpartum perineal care.
This course is applicable for all midwives, residents and registrars undertaking perineal repair and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.