Facilitating Effective Performance
Welcome to the workshop Facilitating Effective Performance.
This module is designed Nursing Unit Managers and Midwifery Unit Managers.
This module discusses how to address unsatisfactory performance and promote effective performance in the context of NSW Health Performance Development Framework.
The module also explains the regulatory framework for nurses and midwives in NSW, and the process of voluntary and mandatory reporting to the Nursing and Midwifery Council of NSW.
A certificate is issued on completion.
In this module you will develop your understanding of:
- Your role as a manager in supporting staff.
- The nature, causes and impacts of unsatisfactory performance.
- The regulatory environment and its role in addressing performance.
- How the Performance Development Framework can guide us in addressing unsatisfactory performance.
- A best practice approach to addressing unsatisfactory performance, and cases that see this approach in action.
This course is designed for NUMs and MUMs and may qualify for up to 0.7 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.