Welcome to the eLearning module Lymphoedema Awareness.
This course provides general information on lymphoedema for allied health professionals. A separate course, 'Lymphoedema Early Intervention' is also available to learn about early intervention training in lymphoedema.
A certificate is issued on completion.
After completing this module you will be able to:
- Define lymphoedema, oedema and cellulitis.
- Describe the current assessment and treatment practices of lymphoedema.
- Describe cellulitis prevention strategies.
- Identify relevant patient education resources.
- Identify appropriate referral pathways.
This module is designed for all NSW Health employees, but is most relevant to the Allied Health ANZSCO codes and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.