Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
Welcome to the eLearning module Introduction to Motivational Interviewing.
This module provides an overview of the fundamental skills, principles and strategies used in motivational interviewing.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- Define motivational interviewing and identify its underlying principles
- Identify the communication skills required for successful motivational interviewing
- Recognise the stages of change
- Determine where people fit within the stages of change
- Identify where you may be able to incorporate motivational interviewing principles into conversations with clients and patients.
This course is applicable for all nursing, midwifery, medical, allied health staff and clinical support staff and may qualify for up to 0.4 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.