Radiology pathology - Gallbladder and pancreatic disease
Welcome to Radiology pathology - Gallbladder and pancreatic disease.
This online module designed for Radiology trainees provides an overview of gallbladder and pancreatic disease and related pathology. It focuses on the correlation between clinical features, pathological changes and investigative abnormalities.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- discuss factors predisposing to the formation of cholesterol and bile pigment stones
- outline the pathogenesis, clinical features and complications of gallstone disease, in particular acute and chronic cholecystitis
- list the factors predisposing to acute pancreatitis
- outline the clinical features and complications of acute and chronic pancreatitis
- discuss the clinical features and complications of pancreatic neoplasms.
This module is designed for Radiology trainees and may qualify for up to 0.8 hrs of Continuous Professional Development