People Management Skills Program (PMSP)
A course for current and aspiring clinical and non-clinical managers across NSW Health.
- Develop the skills that build effective people management.
- Create working environments that enhance patient care.
- Engage with highly-skilled facilitators.
- Learn in a supportive group environment.
- Six-month blended learning course, comprising:
- Initial two-day interactive workshops.
- Self-paced e-learning.
- Workplace implementation project as agreed with your line-manager.
Final workshop, presentation and reflective discussions.
The PMSP course assisted me to translate theory and skills I had learnt as a clinician from a clinical environment into a leadership role. The course project enabled me to lead and influence a whole of hospital change. It has inspired me to continue to develop my leadership skills to be more effective in leading systems improvements and influencing change as a senior clinician.
Far West LHD Medical Professional, November 2016
How to gain approval
Prior to “requesting learning” you should have a discussion with your manager regarding:
- The program requirements and session dates
- The opportunity to undertake professional development during work hours
ISLHD, CCLHD, SNSWLHD, HNELHD, NSLHD or NSW Ambulance employees will need to consult with their Learning and Development unit for further approval that may be required.
Process for requesting Enrolment
- Log in to My Health Learning
- In the Search Catalogue enter ‘People Management Skills Program’ or ‘PMSP’ and select People Management Skills Program (PMSP) Cohort 16 April 2020 Enrolment.
- Click ‘Request Learning’ and complete the approval request. To submit the request, click ‘Request Approval’
- [My Health Learning will send the approval request to your manager]
- Ensure your manager approves your participation before the registration period closes at 11:59 pm, 21 February 2020, otherwise HETI will not receive your learning request.
- Following approval you will be notified on 19 March 2020 and asked to select your workshop sessions in My Health Learning.
For more information and to see course availability in your area contact us at HETI-Management@health.nsw.gov.au
|Locations and frequency|