Radiology pathology – Haematuria
Welcome to Radiology pathology - Haematuria.
This online module designed for Radiology trainees provides an overview of haematuria and related pathology. It focuses on the correlation between clinical features, pathological changes and investigative abnormalities.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- list the causes of haematuria in terms of the site of origin of blood loss
- summarise the approach to investigation of a patient with persistent haematuria, and the interpretation of relevant investigations
- discuss how infections of the kidneys and lower urinary tract may be responsible for haematuria
- describe the types of urinary calculi and discuss the factors that predispose to their development
- compare and contrast the pathological and clinical features of renal cell carcinoma and transitional cell carcinoma.
This module is designed for Radiology trainees and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development