Welcome to the eLearning module Pain Assessment
This module explores the use of appropriate pain assessment tools and comprehensive questioning to assess a patient’s pain level, intensity and history. This will enable expedient planning for effective pain management.
A certificate is issued on completion.
Improve Assessment, Management and Documentation of Pain by Target group by:
- Identifying appropriate pain assessment tools for different situations
- Assess a patient with acute pain
- Document a pain assessment
- Describe the benefits of using multi-modal analgesia when appropriately timed and administered.
- Use reassessment information effectively in the case of inadequate pain control
This course is applicable for all clinical nurses, midwives and junior medical officers and may qualify for up to 0.4 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.