Orientation to the Community for Nurses
Welcome to the eLearning module Orientation to Community Care for Nurses.
These four modules provide an orientation for acute care registered nurses and enrolled nurses on contemporary practices of 'Transfer of Care' and to increase awareness of the differences between acute nursing care and community nursing care.
A certificate is issued on completion.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the principles and practices that underpin community nursing care, including principles of primary healthcare.
- Correctly apply all steps outlined in the NSW Transfer of Care Policy to a range of client scenarios.
- Describe the role and responsibilities of community nurses and hte practices of models of care.
- Identify issues for vulnerable populations in both the transition from acute to community care and in community care.
- Match relevant health services in the community to clients' needs.
- Understand the clinical practice necessary for safe and effective nursing practice in the community care setting.
This module is relevant to nurses that work in Community Care and may qualify for up to 2.0 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.