Radiology pathology – Vascular disease
Welcome to Radiology pathology - Vascular disease.
This online module designed for Radiology trainees provides an overview of vascular disease and related pathology. It focuses on the correlation between clinical features, pathological changes and investigative abnormalities.al features, pathological changes and investigative abnormalities.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- list the major causes and patterns of vascular disease
- discuss the approach to the diagnosis of arterial peripheral vascular disease
- describe the patterns, effects and associations of atherosclerotic lower limb vascular disease
- explain the pathogenesis of foot ulcers in diabetics
- describe the pathological changes induced by systemic hypertension
- explain how moderate and severe systemic hypertension differ in terms of their effects
- describe the key features of giant cell arteritis and list other significant vasculitic disorders.
This module is designed for Radiology trainees and may qualify for up to 0.6 hrs of Continuous Professional Development