Inpatient SEPSIS KILLS Program
Welcome to the eLearning module Inpatient SEPSIS KILLS Program.
This module is designed for clinicians working in an Inpatient environment. It contains both adult and paediatric case studies that outline how to use the Sepsis Pathways to identify and treat sepsis.
Sepsis is a public health problem that needs to be better managed, and you can make a difference.
A separate module is available for Emergency Department staff.
A certificate is issued on completion.
After completing this module you will be better able to:
- Recognise that sepsis is a medical emergency.
- Identify the risk factors, signs and symptoms of sepsis.
- Outline the escalation of the septic patient.
- Define the initial management actions for sepsis.
- Discuss the requirements for 48 hour sepsis management.
This course is applicable for all NSW Health Clinical Staff and may qualify for up to 1.0 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.