Hazardous Chemicals and Dangerous Goods
Welcome to the eLearning module Hazardous Chemicals and Dangerous Goods.
This module targets the foundation knowledge and skills required by all staff who use or supervise the use of chemicals in healthcare workplaces. It includes: chemicals types, sources of information, requirements to safely use, store and transport chemicals and dangerous goods.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this training you will be able to:
- differentiate between hazardous chemicals and dangerous goods
- identify risks and potential health consequences from exposure to chemicals in the workplace
- locate and interpret safety data sheets and safe work practice guidelines
- identify safe practices for using, storing, labelling and disposing of hazardous chemicals and dangerous goods
- describe the legislative and policy responsibilities for hazardous chemicals and dangerous goods.
This course is applicable for all clinical nurses, midwives and junior medical officers and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.