Radiology pathology - CNS Infections
Welcome to the Radiology pathology - CNS Infections.
This online module designed for Radiology trainees provides an overview of central nervous system infections and related pathology. It focuses on the correlation between clinical features, pathological changes and investigative abnormalities.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module the learner will:
- list common microorganisms that can cause meningitis and encephalitis
- describe the route of entry of microorganisms into the central nervous system (CNS)
- describe the pathological changes and complications of supportive and granulomatous meningitis
- discuss the major causes and consequences of brain abscess and encephalitis
- summarise the laboratory diagnosis of CNS infections and compare bacterial, tuberculous, viral and fungal meningitis.
This module is designed for Radiology trainees and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development