Healthcare responses to homelessness module 2: Metro, regional and rural experiences of homelessness
Welcome to the eLearning module Metro, regional and rural experiences of homelessness. This is Video 2 in the 'Healthcare responses to homelessness' learning pathway.
This video addresses key areas:
- How can experiences of homelessness differ across metropolitan, regional and rural regions?
- What challenges can people experiencing homelessness face? How can health workers and service providers assist?
This module contains information that may be emotionally confronting for some people. If you find it raises any concerns please speak to your manager or contact the Employee Assistance program, Link2Home on 1800 152 15 or Domestic Violence Line on 1800 65 54 63.
A certificate is issued on completion.
After watching this video you will be able to:
- Recognise why health workers can play a vital role in the reduction and prevention of homelessness for people seeking care, through identification and early intervention actions.
- Identify key indicators that a person may be experiencing homelessness, or be at high risk of homelessness.
- Address common barriers that people subject to homelessness can experience when trying to access health services.
The course is designed for all NSW Health employees and may qualify for up to 0.1 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.