Student Placements Central
Welcome to Student Placement Central! This website provides information for arranging, administering and completing a student placement in NSW Health.
Student placements form part of the course work required to complete health-related qualifications. Student placements are required for:
- clinical qualifications such as medicine, dentistry, nursing, midwifery and allied health
- clinical support qualifications such as medical lab science, pathology and sterilisation technicians
- non-clinical qualifications such as health information management, digital health and health research & statistics.
Student placements are organised in partnership with the Health Service and Education Provider (University, TAFE, College) and are booked and managed in the NSW Health ClinConnect system.
Student Placement Principles
For students to attend placements in NSW Health public health facilities, the following must be met.
- A Student Placement Agreement (SPA) must be in place between the Health Service and the Education Provider.
- Students must be compliant with NSW Health policy regarding National Police Checks, NSW Health Code of Conduct and Health & Immunisations.
- The placement must be entered and managed in ClinConnect.
Please note: students do not have access to ClinConnect. Placements must be sourced and booked by the Education Provider.
Governance and Policy
Student placements in NSW Health are governed by the: