Falls Risk: Screening, Assessment and Management Plans for Adults
Welcome to the eLearning module Falls Risk: Screening, Assessment and Management Plans for Adults.
This module is one of 3 eLearning Falls modules. This module introduces best practice tools for screening, assessing and managing adult patients to prevent falls and harm from falls endorsed by the Clinical Excellence Commission, 2013.
These tools are:
- The Ontario Modified STRATIFY (Sydney Scoring) Falls Risk Screen (Falls Risk Screen).
- Falls Risk Assessment and Management (FRAMP).
A certificate is issued on completion.
Upon completion of this module you should be able to:
- Apply the Ontario Modified STRATIFY (Sydney Scoring) Falls Risk Screen to identify persons at risk of falling and their level of risk.
- Complete a Falls Risk Assessment and Management Plan (FRAMP).
- Describe how the FRAMP guides planning, implementing and documenting multidisciplinary intervention strategies.
- Identify how the FRAMP guides referral pathways taking into account local referral processes.
- Describe how the FRAMP guides effective communication of falls risk and management planning with other staff patient and their family/carer.
- Identify any barriers that may exist to using these tools and consider ways to overcome barriers.
This course is applicable for all NSW Health Clinical Staff and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.