Welcome to the eLearning module Empowering Teams.
The aim of this module is to provide health managers with the concepts and tools to empower their teams. This helps drive innovation in the workplace. Empowerment allows teams to actively engage in their workplace to deliver quality care.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- describe empowerment
- understand the benefits of an empowered team to NSW Health
- identify the difference between empowerment and delegation
- understand the health manager's role in leading culture change and improving outcomes through supporting empowerment of teams
- implement strategies and tools to empower teams
- measure the change in behaviours and workplace outcomes as a result of empowering staff.
This module is designed for Health managers and aspiring health managers and may qualify for up to 0.6 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.