Family Centred Care
Welcome to the eLearning module Family Centred Care.
This course explores how to practically apply a person centred care approach to a paediatric setting.
A certificate is issued on completion.
This module will help maximise your ability to:
- involve families and carers in decision-making relating to the care of their children and young people by sharing information appropriately
- draw learning from the family's and carer's experience
- provide care that reflects the family's preferences and values
- involve the family and others to ensure continuity of care
- promote dignity and respect for the child, young person and family.
The course is designed for NSW Health staff, especially patient-facing roles and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.