Health for Older Aboriginal People
Welcome to the "Health for older Aboriginal people" eLearning module.
This module provides instruction on how to provide health services to meet the needs of older Aboriginal people. It contains two parts and each part builds upon the learning principles in the Respecting the Difference training. Through respect and understanding clinicians can support older Aboriginal people, their families and communities to access healthcare to enable better health as they age.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module the learner will be able to:
- manage case specific barriers which impact delivery of person and family-centred care
- plan culturally safe person and family-centred care that builds trust for older Aboriginal people, recognising their families and communities
- adjust service delivery to enable more effective health care to older Aboriginal people, their families and communities
- establish meaningful and trustful health services through partnerships
- build partnerships by responding to needs and input from older Aboriginal people, families, communities, Aboriginal organisations and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services.
This module is designed for all healthcare clinicians and may qualify for up to 1.0 hours of Continuous Professional Development.