Pressure Injury Prevention: Risk Management
Welcome to the eLearning module Pressure Injury Prevention: Risk Management.
Pressure injuries are a frequently occurring health problem throughout the world. They are painful, costly and an often preventable complication for which many individuals are at risk. The most effective approach to pressure injury prevention and management is:
- the timely screening and assessment to identify risk factors
- implementation of a plan of care to reduce the risk of pressure injury development.
This module contains information that may be emotionally confronting for some people. If you find it raises any concerns please speak to your manager or contact Employee Assistance program or Lifeline.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module you will be able to:
- recognise the impact pressure injuries have on the individual, their family/carers and health care resources
- develop pressure injury risk management care plan in partnership with patients and/or carers
- implement, perform and evaluate prevention strategies for patients at risk and patients with pressure injury.
This module is designed for Clinicians caring for older people in hospitals, day hospitals, community settings and residential aged care facilities and may qualify for up to 0.6 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.