Foundations of Interprofessional Teamwork Workshop - 4-hour session
Welcome to the Learning Path Foundations of Interprofessional Teamwork - 4-hour session
Foundations of Interprofessional Teamwork is a half-day workshop (four hours) that has been developed to foster participation, discussion and reflection between all new graduate health professionals using various scenarios, simulation and role-play. It builds on the content in the online Foundation Skills modules. The aim is to equip staff with the essential knowledge and skills to engage in collaborative approaches to person and family centred care.
A certificate is issued on completion of the Learning Path.
At the completion of this workshop participants will:
- plan collaborative practices to deliver safe and high quality person and family centred care
- demonstrate confidence when applying interprofessional teamwork principles in the delivery of person and family centred care
- discuss the importance of role clarification as an essential component for collaborative practice
- acknowledge professional ethics and values and recognise their impact on the clinical context
- develop personal strategies to improve interprofessional communication in order to provide coordinated, person and family centred care
- demonstrate active listening, critical thinking and reflective practice skills to improve team communication
- identify strategies to effectively manage conflict within the interprofessional healthcare team.
This workshop is applicable for all staff and may qualify for up to 4.0 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.