The NSW Health CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment are at the heart of what we do.
We strive to reflect these values in our workplace and we have recently implemented an Employee Recognition Program that recognises these values in action.
HETI was also selected as a finalist in the 2017 NSW Health Awards for our program ‘CORE Chat – Our Values in Action’ that provides NSW Health employees (including HETI employees) with face-to-face training to enable cultural change.
‘CORE Chat – For Managers’ can also be booked through My Health Learning.
More about our CORE Values:
- We are an organisation that believes in its people and is people-centered.
- Our leaders are role models for our core values and they are accountable.
- We willingly work in teams to provide excellent levels of care.
- Our teams are strong and successful because we all contribute and always seek ways to improve.
- We encourage and recognise outstanding performance.
- We want our community to have confidence in their local health services.
- We foster greater confidence and cooperation through open communication.
- Our performance is open to public scrutiny through patient and employee surveys.
- We welcome and use feedback as a tool to do better.
- We encourage those around us to speak up and voice their ideas as well as their concerns by making it clear that speaking up is worthwhile and valued.
- We communicate clearly and with integrity.
- We never lose sight of our patients’ fundamental right to be treated with dignity, compassion and respect.
- We listen to patients, the community and each other.
- We welcome new ideas and ways of doing things to improve patient care.
- We treat our colleagues and patients with dignity and respect, and care about those around us.
- Each of us is responsible for workplace culture and performance.
- We have zero tolerance for bullying and no-one, no matter how senior, is exempt.
- We encourage and support local decision making and innovation.
- We accept that with local decision making comes responsibility and accountability.
- We make best use of resources and experience to meet patient and community expectations.
- While we seek direction from our leaders, we believe that everyone is empowered to make a difference in our workplace.
- As individuals, we can improve our workplace culture and performance by addressing issues that hold us back.
We strive for individual excellence on behalf of our patients and our teams, and to deliver the best possible care and services.