Fire Safety and Emergency Procedures: Qstream
Welcome to Fire Safety and Emergency Procedures NMMT: Qstream.
This Qstream which promotes understanding of and compliance with emergency and fire procedures. This module asks participants to make appropriate decisions in workplace based emergency or fire related scenarios. The module supports staff to apply their knowledge of the appropriate procedures in line with Fire and Emergency Procedures policy directives.
This course is hosted on a site outside of NSW Health network. When you click the "Play" button to launch the course, a new window will open and you will be taken to the site. A number of short questions are delivered to your computer or mobile device over a series of week. When questions are answered you will receive succinct feedback (take home messages), and further explanation.
This module contains information that may be emotionally confronting for some people. If you find it raises any concerns please speak to your manager or contact the Employee Assistance program or relevant support services.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to activate and respond to local emergency protocols following the Emergency Procedures Guide (‘Flip Chart’)
- Demonstrate an understanding of your role in responding to internal and external emergency incidents
- Identify and remove fire risks using locally approved processes
- Using locally approved processes, report and escalate identified fire safety risks
- Identify fire detection and firefighting equipment in your work environment and use in situations where it is appropriate
- Implement your local facility’s emergency and evacuation procedures
PRINCIPLES OF INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
- Describe your responsibility to identify, prevent, manage and report incidents and near misses
- Describe the importance of team communication and patient disclosure and the role you play
- Improve the patient journey through lessons learnt and the process of continuous quality improvement
PRINCIPLES OF SAFETY AND QUALITY
- Describe your responsibility to contribute to safe quality patient care by applying continuous improvement principles
- Deliver person and family centred care following current best practice
This module is designed for all Nursing and Midwifery staff.