Falls: Post Falls Management for Clinical Staff
Welcome to the eLearning module Post Falls Management for Clinical Staff.
This course supports the learning on fall prevention and management for clinical staff in acute and sub-acute settings. This module relates to Standard 10, National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards(NSQHS).
A certificate is issued on completion.
On successful completion of this module you will be able to:
- Define the term “Fall”
- Explain the significance of falls for patient and staff safety and health.
- Describe the immediate actions required to prevent further harm when a fall has occurred.
- Describe the observations required for initial assessment and ongoing monitoring of an adult following a fall.
- Identify effective communication strategies to maximise post fall care outcomes.
- Complete post fall documentation accurately.
This course is applicable for all allied health professionals, nursing, midwifery and medical staff within inpatient settings throughout NSW Health inpatient facilities and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.