Oncology Training in NSW
Information Night for Recruitment to Advanced Training in Medical Oncology 2020 (2021 Clinical Year)
HETI supports Oncology training by:
- The appointment of a Clinical Chair for Oncology, who provides clinical and professional leadership and expert advice to HETI, liaison with key stakeholders on behalf of HETI and efficient and effective delivery of the BSOC program in NSW.
- Providing key support in coordinating Junior Medical Officer recruitment to training positions in Medical Oncology.
- Facilitation and hosting of educational and professional development resources for Oncology Training.
- Delivering the multidisciplinary Basic Sciences of Oncology Course for radiation, medical, surgical and gynaecological oncology trainees, haematology and palliative medicine trainees and other health professionals working within the oncology field.
- Maintaining productive professional relationships with the Cancer Institute NSW (CINSW), the Faculty of Radiation Oncology, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCA) and the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP).
Seeking a training position?
- For information about Medical Oncology and Palliative Medicine training see the website of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
- For information about Radiation Oncology training see the website of the Faculty of Radiation Oncology, The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists.
- For annual recruitment to training positions see the NSW Health annual JMO Recruitment
T: 02 9844 6117