Sharps Injury for Clinical Staff
Welcome to the eLearning module Sharps Injury for Clinical Staff.
This module is an introduction to sharps safety to prevent and minimise sharps injuries for all NSW Health staff working in clinical areas. This module is for clinical staff. Non-clinical staff should complete the module "Introduction to Sharps Safety (non-clinical staff).
A certificate is issued on completion.
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify the risks associated with sharps in a healthcare setting;
- Correctly use safe practices when handling and disposing of sharps in accordance with Ministry of Health and local policies and procedures;
- Describe correct first aid procedures when a sharps injury is sustained;
- Manage sharps injuries/ exposures in accordance with Ministry of Health and local policies and procedures;
- Report and document any sharps injuries that occur.
This course is applicable for all NSW Health Clinical Staff and may qualify for up to 0.3 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.