NSW Rural Generalist Medical Training Program
There are two entry points to the Program. Junior doctors can apply for the Rural Generalist Foundation Year or for direct entry to the Advanced Skills Training year. Earliest entry into the program is in the Foundation Year with commencement at postgraduate year two (PGY2) which aligns with entry into general practice training. Applicants wishing to commence the Foundation Year in PGY2 will apply during their PGY1 year.
Advanced Skills Training Program
Applications for 2021 Advanced Skills Training Positions are now open. Closing date is 16 August 2020.
- Apply via the NSW JMO Recruitment portal eRecruit
- Search 'Rural Generalist' in eRecruit. Click here to go to advertisement
- Positions are advertised and recruitment is managed by the Health Education and Training Institute in collaboration with rural Local Health Districts.
Applications not yet open (dates to be confirmed).
- Search eRecruit for Rural Generalist position number TBC
Check your eligibility here
Advanced Skills Training positions available for 2021
Current as at 23 July 2020.
Applicants must be junior doctors currently PGY2 and above. Specialties include:
- Anaesthetics – positions available in the Bathurst, and Dubbo.
- Emergency Medicine – positions available in Tamworth, Nowra, Lismore/Ballina, Grafton, Wagga Wagga, Griffith, Bathurst and Dubbo.
- Mental Health – positions available in Wagga Wagga and Orange.
- Obstetrics – positions available in Manning (Taree), Coffs Harbour, Lismore, Kempsey/Port Macquarie, Wagga Wagga, Griffith, Moruya, Queanbeyan and Bathurst.
- Paediatrics – positions available in Nowra, Port Macquarie, Grafton and Orange.
- Palliative Care – positions available in Broken Hill, Berry, Coffs Harbour, Wauchope and Lismore.
View the list of Advanced Skills Training placements remaining for 2021, click here.