NSW Rural Generalist Medical Training Program
There are two entry points to the Program. Junior doctors can apply for the Rural Generalist Foundation Year or for direct entry to the Advanced Skills Training year. Earliest entry into the program is in the Foundation Year with commencement at postgraduate year two (PGY2) which aligns with entry into general practice training. Applicants wishing to commence the Foundation Year in PGY2 will apply during their PGY1 year.
Advanced Skills Training Program
Applications for 2020 Advanced Skills Training Positions are now open.
- Apply via the NSW JMO Recruitment portal eRecruit
- Search 'Rural Generalist' in eRecruit
- Positions are advertised and recruitment is managed by NSW Health's Local Health Districts.
Applications open 23 September 2019 and close 18 October 2019.
- Search eRecruit for Rural Generalist position number 21467
Check your eligibility here
Advanced Skills Training positions available for 2020
Current as at 18 November 2019.
Applicants must be junior doctors currently PGY2 and above. Specialties include:
- Anaesthetics – positions available in the Wagga Wagga, Bathurst, Dubbo and Orange.
- Emergency Medicine – positions available in Maitland, Tamworth, Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Lismore, Tweed, Grafton, Wagga Wagga, Griffith, Bathurst and Orange.
- Emergency Medicine / Obstetrics – positions available in Coffs Harbour, Tweed and Wagga Wagga.
- Mental Health – positions available in Maitland, Port Macquarie, Lismore, Wagga Wagga and Orange.
- Obstetrics – positions available in Manning (Taree), Tamworth, Coffs Harbour, Lismore, Griffith, Bathurst, Dubbo, Orange, Bega, Moruya, Queanbeyan and Nowra.
- Paediatrics – positions available in Manning (Taree), Tamworth, Port Macquarie, Grafton, Griffith and Nowra.
- Palliative Care – positions available in Coffs Harbour and Lismore.
View the list of Advanced Skills Training placements remaining for 2020, click here.