NSW Rural Generalist Medical Training Program
There are two entry points to the Program. Junior doctors can apply for the Rural Generalist Foundation Year or for direct entry to the Advanced Skills Training year. Earliest entry into the program is in the Foundation Year with commencement at postgraduate year two (PGY2) which aligns with entry into general practice training. Applicants wishing to commence the Foundation Year in PGY2 will apply during their PGY1 year.
Advanced Skills Training Program
Applications for the second round of 2022 Advanced Skills Training Positions is open from 4 October 2021, closing 31 October 2021. Applicants must be junior doctors currently PGY2 and above.
- Apply via NSW JMO ROB portal
- Search 'Rural Generalist' under position title. Position number CAM12710
- Positions are advertised and recruitment is managed by the Health Education and Training Institute in collaboration with rural Local Health Districts.
Advanced Skills Training positions available for 2022 (JMO AMR Round 2)
Current as at 1 October 2021.
Applicants must be Junior Doctors currently PGY2 and above.
Currently available specialties include:
- Emergency Medicine – positions available in Bega, Griffith, Grafton, Bathurst and Tweed Heads
- Mental Health – positions available in Wagga Wagga, Lismore, Orange, and Maitland
- Obstetrics – positions available in Moruya, Griffith, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour, Kempsey/Port Macquarie, Lismore, Orange, Bathurst and Tamworth
- Paediatrics – positions available in Port Macquarie, Tamworth, Wagga Wagga, Bathurst, and Orange
- Palliative Care – positions available in Broken Hill and Maitland
Please note: The availability of the posts can be subject to change during the advertising and recruitment period.
To view the list of Advanced Skills Training placements remaining for 2022, click here.
Applications for the 2022 Foundation Year program is open from 4 October 2021, closing 7 November 2021.
- Apply via the NSW JMO ROB portal
- Search 'Rural Generalist' under position title. Position number CAM12794
Check your eligibility here
Click here for more information about the Foundation Year program.