Lets Talk Disability
Welcome to the eLearning module Let's Talk Disability.
This module aims to enable our health care workers to meet the diverse needs of people with disability who use NSW Health services.
A certificate is issued on completion.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify people with disability whether or not it is obvious;
- Implement a person-centered approach when caring for people with disability;
- Promote dignity and respect for people with disability;
- Use a variety of strategies to communicate effectively with people with disability;
- Provide access to fair and equitable services for people with disability.
This course is applicable for clinical and support staff and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.