Welcome to the eLearning module Environmental Cleaning.
This module aims to provide you with the skills and knowledge to perform environmental cleaning in a hospital environment. Completion of this module is mandatory for meeting legislative, safety and policy requirements. This course should take around 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
A certificate is issued on completion.
By successfully completing this module, you will be able to:
- prepare yourself and equipment to undertake environmental cleaning in a hospital environment
- identify the risk categories and colour codes for environmental cleaning
- discuss the general principles and safe practices of environmental cleaning
- demonstrate the correct techniques when cleaning
- communicate effectively with patients, visitors and staff
- protect your health and safety
- complete end of shift tasks
- prevent the spread of infection.
This course is applicable all cleaning staff at NSW Health Staff and may qualify for up to 0.4 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.