IIMS: Notifier training
Welcome to the eLearning module IIMS: Notifier Training.
The Incident Information Management System (IIMS) is the information system for the reporting and analysis of incident details. This module begins by describing the IIMS and explaining your role in using IIMS as part of improving safety in your area. Following this introduction you will have the opportunity to practice entering an incident into the IIMS.
A certificate is issued on completion.
This training program will describe the Incident Information Management System (IIMS) and explain your role in using IIMS as part of improving safety in your area. You will be able to:
- Acquire the principles of incident Management.
- Differentiate between an incident and a near miss.
- Explain the utilisation of Incident Information Management System (IIMS) process for staff and managers.
- Recognise the importance of feedback to all parties concerned.
- Understand and state the role of IIMS in safety improvement.
- Demonstrate the steps in notifying an incident into the IIMS.
This course is applicable for all NSW Health Staff and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.