Managing Death and Death Certification
Welcome to the eLearning module Managing Death and Death Certification.
This course is designed for Junior Medical Officers to outline what actions to take in a hospital after a death occurs.
A certificate is issued on completion.
After completing this course you will:
- understand the overall process to follow in a hospital after a death occurs.
- know the timeframes, roles and responsibilities for each step of the process.
- know when it is possible to issue a Medical Certificate of Cause of Death.
- know what steps to follow when a Medical Certificate of Cause of Death cannot be issued.
- know how to complete a Medical Certificate of Cause of Death accurately and avoid common mistakes.
This course is applicable for all Junior Medical Officers (JMOs) in NSW hospitals and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.