Effective Business Case Design
To support proactive, evidence-based approaches to change across the NSW Health system managers must prepare strong, well-researched business cases. A good idea articulated through an effective business case can make a difference to your organisation, your team and your patients.
This one-day workshop equips experienced managers with the skills, knowledge and approaches required to design an effective business case in the NSW Health context.
For more information on course availabilities in your area contact us at HETI-Management@health.nsw.gov.au
The workshop provided me with a good overview of how to construct a business case that can be evaluated by external parties as a worthwhile option.
Mid North Coast Local Health District, May 2017
- Preparation and 1 day face-to-face workshop
- Pre-course activity prior to workshop, 2 hours
- Pre-course eLearning - 1 module, 40 to 60 minutes
- 1 day face-to-face workshop
|Locations and Frequency|
- Workshops are delivered throughout the year at the request of NSW Health organisations or participants can enrol in a centralised course
- Contact the Management Development Unit for more details
T: 02 9844 6136
- Operational, tactical, policy or clinical managers, with existing understanding of cost centre management
- Senior staff who regularly write business cases and proposals
- Accurately identify the business issue ensuring organisational strategically aligned options for change
- Analyse business options and feasibility to support positive workplace change
- Recognise the impact of the proposed change on the organisation and the wider health system
- Identify the key stakeholders - learn how to analyse, communicate and collaborate with them
- Gain insight into the perspective of the business case evaluator