Eating Disorders - Spot the Red Flag
Welcome to the eLearning module Eating Disorders - Spot the Red Flag
The aim of the module is to improve health outcomes for people with eating disorders by developing the health professionals knowledge, skills, awareness, attitudes, and behaviour.
This module contains information that may be emotionally confronting for some people. If you find it raises any concerns please speak to your manager or contact the Employee Assistance program. See references for contact details.
A certificate is issued on completion.
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Understand the different types of eating disorders,
- Recognise risk factors and effects of an eating disorder,
- Identify interventions and strategies to enable person-centred care,
- Intervene appropriately when you encounter someone with, or at risk of developing, an eating disorder,
- Provide information and support for a person with an eating disorder, their families and/or carers.
This module is designed for nurses and midwives, medical officers, allied health professionals, peer support workers and may qualify for up to 0.4 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.