Rural Research Capacity Building Program
- Understanding the context of research
- Designing research
- Conducting research
- Communicating research
- Engagement and executive and managerial level throughout rural LHDs, Ambulance NSW, Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health
- NSW Health Pillars
- The Office of Health and Medical Research
- Australian Rural Health Research Collaboration
- The University of Sydney School of Rural Health and Sydney Medical School
The Rural Research Capacity Building Program was formally reviewed in May 2014 by Dr Tim Smythe. The review can be found here. The review recommenced a number of options to strengthen the program and led to an extensive consultation and redesign process.
Information for all intakes is routinely collected on aspects of the program such as financial investment, attendance at face-to-face workshops or teleconferences and progress to timelines for candidates.
Self-assessed competence on selected research skills is captured using the 'Research Spider'. This is collected in terms of inputs, outputs and outcomes and is based on a program logic model. Information is added to this continually to keep it up to date.
Am I eligible? (PDF 657KB)