The Health Education and Training Institute (HETI) is accredited by the Australian Medical Council and approved by the Medical Board of Australia as the intern training accreditation authority for New South Wales.
The HETI Prevocational Accreditation Program implements and monitors standards for the training and welfare of prevocational trainees in their first two postgraduate years (PGY1 and PGY2).
HETI is responsible for ensuring the health services it accredits are compliant with the NSW Prevocational Education and Training Standards for prevocational training providers. Its functions include setting standards for education and training and accreditation of institutions for prevocational education and supervision.
- The Health Education and Training Institute accreditation process
- The HETI Prevocational Education and Training Accreditation Framework
- How are terms accredited?
- NSW Accreditation Standards
- Prevocational Accreditation Committee (PAC)
- List of NSW Prevocational Accredited Training terms
- NSW Prevocational Training Networks and accredited facilities
- Surveying - how to become a HETI surveyor
- The Health Education and Training Institute Accreditation Procedure
- Frequently asked questions
Prevocational Accreditation Committee Position Statements
This outlines the PAC’s position on supervision and teaching provided by Prevocational Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) trainees or Junior Medical Officers to medical students.
Report of the Review of Accreditation Framework for Prevocational Training in NSW
In May 2013 HETI commissioned a review of the governance framework and the processes within which accreditation of prevocational training programs operate in NSW. The report by Dr Josephine Burnand covers a literature review, needs assessment and a number of recommendations.
HETI staff are responsible for different Prevocational Training Networks across NSW. Please check this document to see which network your hospital is in before contacting the appropriate staff member.
|Responsibilities||Contact||eMail Address||Contact Number|
|Lynda Schorer |
|firstname.lastname@example.org||(02) 9844 6515|
|Accreditation Team||HETI-Accreditation@health.nsw.gov.au||(02) 9844 6540|
|Dawn Webb |
|email@example.com||(02) 9844 6554|
|Korina Nand |
|firstname.lastname@example.org||(02) 9844 6531|