Water Immersion for Labour and Birth
Welcome to the eLearning module Water Immersion for Labour and Birth.
This module is designed to increase your understanding and knowledge, and to help build your confidence about the appropriate use of water immersion for labour and birth.
This module contains actual photographs of water births. Viewer discretion is advised.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of the module, you should be able to:
- explain advantages and indications for using water immersion based on current evidence
- identify considerations for mother and baby using waster immersion for labour and/or birth
- identify situations in which water immersion would not be recommended for labour and/or birth
- describe best practice principles to care for women who choose to labour and/or birth in water
- recognise work health and safety (WHS) considerations when caring for women using water immersion
This module is designed for NSW Health employees who are Midwives, midwifery students and other maternity care providers and may qualify for up to 1.0 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.