Welcome to the eLearning module Open Disclosure.
This lesson focuses on the essential principles of Open Disclosure and describes how and when it applies in the NSW Health context.
This module contains information that may be emotionally confronting for some people. If you find it raises any concerns please speak to your manager or contact Employee Assistance program or Lifeline.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Describe the concept of open disclosure
- Outline the essential elements of open disclosure
- Identify when open disclosure is required
- Describe the role of an apology in open disclosure
- Describe how to initiate open disclosure
- Outline the difference between clinician disclosure and formal open disclosure
- Outline the requirements for open disclosure in NSW Health facilities.
The NSCHS Standard 1.16.2 requires that "The clinical workforce are trained in open disclosure processes" and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.