Newborn Advanced Life Support: Circulation
Welcome to the eLearning Module Newborn Advanced Life Support: Circulation.
The Newborn Advanced Life Support Program builds on the Newborn Basic Life Support Program. This module covers venous access, medications, fluids and care for newborns requiring resuscitation. This module follows the Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR) Newborn Life Support algorithm.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module the participant will be able to:
- describe team roles that support coordinated management during newborn resuscitation
- determine the most appropriate vascular access for medications and fluids for newborn resuscitation
- describe the contraindications, complications and process of inserting an umbilical vein catheter
- recognise indications for Adrenaline (Epinephrine) and fluids during newborn resuscitation
- identify guiding principles for review of resuscitation and when to consider ceasing resuscitation
- implement immediate care after resuscitation and stabilisation
- document resuscitation process.
This module is designed for Clinical staff whose scope of practice is to perform newborn advanced life support interventions during resuscitation. It may qualify for up to 0.6 hours of Continuous Professional Development.