Post Incident Safety Huddles
Welcome to Post Incident Safety Huddles.
Post Incident Safety Huddles are multidisciplinary review meetings following patients’ falls, incidents and near misses. These Safety Huddles aim to develop strategies in consultation with the patient to prevent incidents from happening again.
A certificate is issued on completion.
By the end of this module:
- All healthcare professionals will propose a post incident safety huddle in the event of a patient fall/near miss fall
- NUM will prepare the patient by explaining the purpose of the post incident safety huddle
- NUM will schedule a post incident safety huddle within a reasonable time.
- All healthcare professionals will demonstrate sincerity and compassion by apologising to the patient that the fall/near miss fall occurred
- All healthcare professionals will discuss and propose recommendations with the patient, following the guidelines
- NUM will document the outcomes of the post incident safety huddle.
This module is designed for all NSW health professionals and all NSW undergraduate health professionals and may qualify for up to 0.4 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.