Patient Controlled Analgesia - Adult Pain Management
Welcome to the eLearning module Patient Controlled Analgesia - Adult Pain Management.
The aim of this program is to enable participants to develop an understanding of safe and effective use of patient controlled analgesia (PCA) in adults.
A certificate is issued on completion.
Upon completing this module you should be able to:
- Review the key characteristics of opioids and their role in patient controlled analgesia (PCA).
- Identify criteria for the selection of a PCA as a method for delivering effective analgesia.
- Examine the components of a safe administration process for PCA.
- Discuss the clinical observations and management required for patients receiving PCA.
- Identify key elements for communication and documentation required when using PCA.C8
This course is applicable for all NSW Health Clinical Staff and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.