Own Source revenue and your hospital
Welcome to the eLearning module Own Source Revenue and Your Hospital.
You play a vital role to ensure patients can make an informed decision about their choice of care.
Recognising opportunities for raising own source revenue has significant benefits for both patients and the hospital.
In this module you will look at how own source revenue can supplement government funding, and go towards improving the hospital services we provide for better patient care.
A certificate is issued on completion.
In this module you will learn how to:
- Identify where own source revenue comes from;
- Recognise patient fees as a substantial part of own source revenue;
- Recognise the importance of own source revenue to the hospital and to patient services;
- Recognise the patient's right to make an informed decision; and
- Help patients seek accurate information so they can make informed election choices.
This course is applicable for all NSW Health Staff and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.